Browse By

Once Upon a Time Read-a-Thon 2013

I’m so excited to be take part in the Once Upon a Time Read-a-Thon this year hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog Lori at Pure Imagination, and Angela & Loretta at Reading Angels.

I’ve got a lot of books I’ve been meaning to read and now I have an excuse to ignore the world and just read! ^_^

Once Upon A Time

What is a Readathon?
A Readathon is where you set a goal for yourself to read more books that is beyond your average number of books you read.  There is no minimum, it’s all up to you!  Push yourself to get some of those books read that have been sitting on your shelves for awhile!  You can read anything you like.  Any genre, any subject.

What you do:
To participate in the Once Upon a Readathon you enter into the linky below.  It’s the same linky on all our blogs, so only enter into it ONCE! Then grab the button and post it on your sidebar to spread the word and so you don’t forget.  Then, from 12:01 am on July 8th to 11:59 pm on July 10th you read, read, and read some more!  Make sure you do at least one update post (if you don’t have a blog you may do this on facebook and/or twitter) and participate in at least one challenge.

My Goals

MondaySave The Pearls: Adapting Eden by Victoria Foyt

I was going to daily goals but I’m not an extremely fast reader so I’ve decided to just list the rest of the books I hope to finish.

They’re all reasonably sized books containing 200-300 pages so let’s see how many I actually manage to get through. I think I’ll be able to manage a book a day, as long as I have no distractions! In that case, I’ll be reading The Girl with the Glass Feet and Prince of the Clouds on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I’ve started on Adapting Eden already but I’ve only read a page or so! I also need to get the review for Revealing Eden written up before I get too far into Adapting Eden. *sigh*

I’m going to try to take part in a couple of the challenges that are part of the read-a-thon too. But we’ll see what happens once they’re posted!

Disclaimer: Digesting The Words contains associate/affiliate links, read my Disclosure Policy for more info.

19 thoughts on “Once Upon a Time Read-a-Thon 2013”

1. Angelica @ Paperback Princess says:

Good luck on your goals! Hope you enjoy the #Oureadathon!

My Once Upon A Read-a-thon

2. Angela@ReadingAngels (@readingangel002) says:

Distractions are the death of readathons! Good luck ;)

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

I can’t tell you how much I agree with you! I’ve already been dragged out of the house a couple of times and have just about managed to escape but of course now I’m distracted with blogging…

Thanks for the wishes, I’ll need all the luck I can get apparently!

3. Colletta says:

Good luck on your goals!

Colletta

4. Jenn @ Book Beats says:

Those are some great goals. I am super busy — but still wanted to join — so I said one.

Jenn @ Book Beats

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Thank you. Your goal makes me feel like I should have been less ambitious though!

1. Jenn @ Book Beats says:

Haha no way! A challenge always produces great results :)

5. Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf says:

Great list! Good luck with your goals!!

My Once Upon a Readathon Goals & Updates
    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf

6. Rachael says:

Good luck! I’m shooting for a book a day as well, but I’m not sure if it’s going to go well. I already have so many things that I can’t put aside (like the sinkful of dishes that need to be done).

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Thanks! I didn’t quite make it to a book a day but I did my best!

7. Kaitlin Snider says:

I recently bought a used copy of The Help for two bucks, and I’m really looking forward to reading it sometime (just not this week).

Good luck!

Here’s my goal: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/07/once-upon-readathon-goals.html

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Wow that’s awesome! I got mine in a goody bag at a Penguin open day event in London a couple of years ago and I still haven’t gotten round to reading it!

8. Kimberlybuggie says:

Good luck with your reading! I love challenges!

9. Karen says:

Good luck! One book a day seems pretty tough.

I need to take the first step and get a book to read. =/

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

It depends on the book really Karen. Some books which are longer and have huge descriptions are harder to get through in a day, other books which are mainly action and talking are easier to read for me!

You should consider getting a book from your local library. It’s free, plus you could get one for Joyanna to read while you’re at it! Otherwise, try the freebies on Amazon kindle store. They have tons of ebooks that are free (and decent) plus you can download them instantly to your phone and read on the go while you’re commuting/travelling or just in your spare time! That’s usually how I get a lot of my reading done! ^__^