Browse By

My Blogger Resolutions

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a great 2013 and is enjoying 2014 so far!

happy new year

As mentioned previously, I’m taking part in the Book Bloggers New Year’s Challenge. My first post of course is all about blogger resolutions!

I set new year’s resolutions every year, whether conscious or subconscious. Last year, I didn’t set any blogger resolutions. Instead, my main book related resolution was to complete the Goodread’s Reading Challenge. Having completed that, I’m setting myself the goal to read even more books this year!

As for blogger resolutions, I’ve decided to use this post to motivate me to take Digesting The Words further.

blogger resolutions

My Blogger Resolutions

1. Write more book reviews! I love reviewing books (most of the time) so I hope to review more books this year.
  2. Read more for pleasure. Somehow over the past 2 years, I’ve winded up missing out on a lot of good books because I’ve had to read other stuff/haven’t had the time to read. I want to read all of the books that interest me this year!
  3. Increase the frequency of posts. I’d like to post more on the blog. I’d be happy with 1 post a week at the moment!
  4. Change blog layout. I think it’s about time for a change! I’ve had this layout for 2 years now so change is imminent.
  5. Make more blogger friends. I feel like I’ve been on the edges of the book blogger community for a while now. This year I’d like to make some great new friends! This blogger resolution also goes hand in hand with…
  6. Add more bloggers to my blogroll. Want to help me achieve this? Leave me a comment below to trade links!
  7. Comment on more interesting blog posts. Not just any posts, but posts that interest me! I tend to be avoid off from posting on opinionated posts, but I want to change this for 2014.
  8. Complete at least 2 book blogger challenges. So far I’m only taking part in 2, so if I stick with the Book Bloggers New Year Challenge and the Vampire Challenge I should achieve this one easy peasy!
  9. Gain 50+ followers on BlogLovin. My followers all use different methods. I’d love to have a chunk of them on one site. Help me achieve this by following me on BlogLovin!
  10. Enjoy blogging. This one is important to me because it’s so easy to get stuck staring at your stats, comparing yourself to other blogs, and just getting down in the dumps. This year, it’s all about having fun on my blog!

So those are my blogger resolutions for the year! I hope everyone has a great day and an even better year!

What are your personal/blogger resolutions this year?

29 thoughts on “My Blogger Resolutions”

1. thekindlequeen says:

Those are some really great resolutions I’m just jumping back into book blogging after a long hiatus so most of my resolutions have to do with re-establishing myself as a book blogger.

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Thanks! Establishing a book blog is hard work, but I’m sure you’ll do great re-establishing yours!

2. Kate- Midnightbookgirl says:

I love your resolutions! I’m really going to try achieving most of them myself, so I’ll be around to cheer you on!

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Thank you so much! I appreciate the support and I’m happy to cheer you on too! :)

1. Kate Towery (@Midnghtbookgirl) says:

Thank you for stopping by and giving me a follow, I’m following you on bloglovin now! ;)

3. Rainy Dayz Reviewz (@RainyReviewz) says:

Sounds like you have some great resolutions! Have a great new year. Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Thank you. Hope you have a great new year too ^^

4. Dabin Han says:

I’ve been seeing a lot of blog redesign resolutions. I’ve been looking forward to redesigning my blog. I’m looking for someone who can help me with it so if you know anyone, please tell me! I think I have to read for pleasure more as well. I’ve been reading for my blog lately and it feels a bit like work. Check out my blogger resolutions at here :)

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

I’ve been seeing a lot of them too. I guess everyone is looking for a change with the new year? :) Unfortunately, I’m not sure who to recommend to you as I always change my themes myself. I’m sure you’ll be able to find some assistance with a bit of Googling!

I try not to read for my blog. It makes me miserable because I always see my sisters/friends reading stuff that I’d love. I guess it’s difficult to try to balance the two types of reading!

5. Rashika says:

Reading for Pleasure is really important! :D
    Happy New Year Farhana, I hope you can achieve all your resolutions. I always suck at them but I am really going to try this year :)

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

I suck at resolutions too Rashika -_-‘ We can always hope that this’ll be a good year for resolutions though!

6. ephemera (@PRationality) says:

Its funny right? A lot of got into blogging because of our love of reading, but as time goes by we read less of what we love and more of what we expect to love…

Good luck!!

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

I know what you mean, I guess a lot of us are influenced by the blogging community and wind up reading the stuff that the majority think is great. Though I am glad I never winded up reading 50 Shades of Grey haha

7. cindyloveofbook says:

You have a great list of resolutions. I am off to read more of your blog.

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Thanks, hope you have a great new year!

8. Trish @ Between My Lines says:

Thanks for visiting and following me! I’ve followed you back :) Good luck with goals, especially the reading for pleasure one. That’s what it is all about. And I know what you mean about the commenting, I found it hard initially to just jump in with my opinion but the more I did the easier it got. Happy New Year.

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

Thanks for the wishes. It seems a lot of people empathise with the reading for pleasure one! Hopefully we’ll all get back into the habit of reading books that we want to read instead of books we have to read!

Happy new year to you too :)

9. Becky B says:

Love your resolutions, I have to start reading more for pleasure too.

10. bunnycates (@BunnyCates) says:

Great challenges and ALL are doable!
    I need to add *read more for pleasure* to my list. Sometimes I look at my TBR and cringe a little because I feel like I have to read those before I can pick up a random. It stresses me out a little.

Thanks for swinging by my blog, sug. Followed you on bloglovin!
    xx

11. Parajunkee says:

Yeah! Good luck. Those are very doable. :D Right??

12. My ParaHangover says:

I helped you with your number 9 resolution :D That totally sucks that you couldn’t read too much for pleasure last year! And changing up your blog look should be a fun resolution!!!

Good luck and Happy New Year!!!

13. Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction says:

#2 is definitely on my list too. I feel like sometimes I bog myself down with “required” reviews. Good luck on your list!!

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

14. Roberta R. says:

Make more blogger friends and enjoy blogging are some of my priorities as well. And a post a week is perfectly OK to me, because I don’t believe in posting for the sake of it, but just because you really have something to say. Though people tend to think the world will forget them if they don’t post ever single day ;).
    Oh, but your banner is so funny and unique – I’m sorry it’s going to go away :(.
    And your list of reviews with miniatures is unique too – hope you’re keeping it.
    I’m ollowing via Linky! (I’m on there as well).

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

I may be adapting the banner rather than changing it completely. As for the mini reviews I’ll bring them back at some point!

I don’t like the idea of posting just for the sake of posting either which is why I take part in interesting book memes every so often!

15. DannyBookworm says:

“Read more for pleasure” YES to this! Sometimes I get caught up with only reading the ARCS I get that I forget to read the books I actually want to read myself! Totally need to add this to my list too!

16. Lizzy says:

I’ll happily help you hit your BlogLovin’ follower goal. :)

I need to read more books for pleasure too. I have a tendency to buy books that I think are awesome and then they just sit on my bookshelf looking pretty. Even books that I’m dying to read…I don’t make it a point to read them ahead of my review list.

Great resolutions and best of luck with all of them.

17. Confuzzled Shannon says:

Your number 10 is so true. To be honest I have had my blog I think since 2009 and this past year I learned more about stats and getting views. I think that is definitely why 2013 was not good book blogging year for me.

1. Farhana Chowdhury says:

I try not to pay too much attention to stats. Sometimes it really does ruin the fun!

18. Jamie (Jay Riv) says:

Great goals! I wish you a successful and Happy New Blog Year!
    Jamie (Jay Riv) recently posted… New Year’s Challenge-Day 12My Profile